Every Organization likes to Strike a balance between developer and operations teams for rapid delivery & reduce dependency on a person.
Every business house have a constant quest to churn out the most current products to meet customers ever growing demand. The DevOps approach is increasingly becoming the answer for achieving the goal of non-stop product roll-outs designed to outpace competition with unmatched offerings, In Other words “beat the competition in every corner of the road”
The Biggest Challenge that every Organization tries to eliminate is the “Dependency of people issues and availability” & followed by Process Issue – i.e. going the factory model to reduce wastage.
Take a look @ this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I94-tJlovg
So, Why DevOps Matters
This decade of technology have transformed the world and its industries, from online shopping to patient care. Information Technology is no longer merely an enabler; rather it becomes an integral component of every part of a business. Companies interact with their customers through software delivered as digital services or mobile applications and on all sorts of devices.
We use software to increase operational efficiencies by transforming every part of the value chain. In a similar way the humble shipping containers have transformed the world with respect to logistics movement and transporting goods faster and safely, Companies in today’s world must transform how they build and deliver software.
So what does this solve ?
- Speed : Move at high velocity so you can innovate for customers faster, adapt to changing markets better, and grow more efficient at driving business results
- Accelerated Delivery : By Increase the frequency and pace of releases by 15%, You can release new features and fix bugs & respond to your customers’ needs by 30% and build competitive advantage.
- Cookie Cutter Experience : By ensuring the quality of deployments and infrastructure changes, companies can be more agile and keep a high pace while maintaining a product stability for customers. Techniques like continuous integration and continuous inspection at each change will help maintain a stable application and better customer experience.
- Growth: Enables Companies to Operate and manage infrastructure and development processes at ease & enable predictable growth easily. Automation and consistency help us manage changing systems efficiently and with less risk.
It’s More than a process. Continuous Integration is backed by several important principles and practices.
- Maintain a single source repository
- Automate of code build
- Enabling self-testing
- Reduce Human Intervention
- Process Driven Environment
- Automated deployment
So in other words ” Integrate at least daily”
Read this image below :
This leads to
- Catch issues early and nip them in the bud
- Spend less time debugging and more time adding features
“Continuous Integration doesn’t defects, but it make IT Teams easier to find and remove quickly”.
A Seamless Integration and Deployment : could save as-much as 30% of operation cost by eliminating the Time and Need of separate integration and deployment team.
According to 2015 Survey on SMB IT Delivery Survey in U.S. DevOps can improve Team’s productivity by as high as 27% by eliminating the needs to Train and Document the M & P’s of Build and Integration Process and enabling the automated tools to take over the process.